1. NEVER ENOUGH (Dir: Alan Burnage) This is a sports documentary that focuses on the recovery and redemption of former drug addict who finds help through ultra-running.
2. LESS THAN ONE PERCENT (Dir: Samuel T McNally) Black Lives Matter made it across the world, but how was it met in a community where black people make up less than one percent of the population?
3. OUT OF MY DEPTH (Dir: Ben Tillion) Whilst walking down a beach, man recalls a traumatic event he was caught up in.
4. I AM A MAN (Dir: Claudia Buck) A short documentary where young men open up about their self-image and insecurities.
5. VRCHAT AND ME: WIFIPUNK (Dir: Jack Cullum) A portrait documentary about VRChat player and world-maker, WifiPunk.
6. BARNEY LEE: MY LONG WALK AROUND BRITAIN (Dir: Matt Colin Evans) A 19-year-old man embarks on a journey around the entire coastline of mainland UK, to raise funds and awareness for the relatively unknown disorder, HNPP.
7. 97% (Dir: Heather Willow Gaywood) A documentary that explores personal experiences of street/sexual harassment that is a daily experience for women in the UK.
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Some scenes that may be unsuitable for young people under 15).
Every year we receive hundreds of entries into CINEMAGIC YOUNG FILMMAKER from young people wishing to share their stories with a wider audience. In 2021 we received over 600 short film submissions from the next generation of young creatives and we a delighted to share with you the competition shortlists.
The shortlists are presented in several different genre packages including – Drama, Animation, Documentary, Fantastic, Experimental, Music Video, Short Shorts and Under 18.
As well as celebrating their work, the Young Filmmaker Shortlist Showcase allows young directors to view films made by their peers and offers the opportunity for them to network online and talk movies! Join us as we celebrate the achievements of young people and meet the filmmaking stars of the future.