1. STAGGER (Dir: Céline Ribard) During a heated argument with her younger lover, Olive falls into the memories that originally drew them together.
2. IMPRISONED (Dir: Apra Jain) Scott attempts to persuade his young daughter Eva to have her own children in the future.
3. TOUGH GUY (Dir: Max Roach) Dave is on his first date and it’s going awfully, when asked for examples of how tough he is, he must make a convincing argument.
4. LITTLE GIRL ELIZA (Dir: Amy Jade Doohan) A grieving father bears a terrible secret.
5. A CASTING ROOM (Dir: Tomas Howells) Can we ever assume someone’s heritage from the colour of their skin?
6. MOTHER BEAR (Dir: Adam Grant) A look into the memories of a mother and sons’ turbulent relationship through the narrative voice of an allegorical children’s story.
7. RUSH (Dir: Kieran Shayle) A man’s job is to drop off illegal packages, but what lies within the package?
8. THE FREE (Dir: Angus Django Allison) Four rural teenagers hitchhike to a free party, but things don’t go exactly to plan.
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Strong language and scenes that may be unsuitable for young people under 15).
Every year we receive hundreds of entries into CINEMAGIC YOUNG FILMMAKER from young people wishing to share their stories with a wider audience. In 2021 we received over 600 short film submissions from the next generation of young creatives and we a delighted to share with you the competition shortlists.
The shortlists are presented in several different genre packages including – Drama, Animation, Documentary, Fantastic, Experimental, Music Video, Short Shorts and Under 18.
As well as celebrating their work, the Young Filmmaker Shortlist Showcase allows young directors to view films made by their peers and offers the opportunity for them to network online and talk movies! Join us as we celebrate the achievements of young people and meet the filmmaking stars of the future.