1. BALANCE (Dir: Alexander Halford & Michael Guest) When Ziggy goes to visit his Father’s grave, he professes no remorse or guilt for killing him!
2. UNCIVIL (Dir: Joseph Manning) A romantic comedy about a woman, a Civil War re-enactor and a dog.
3. GOOD GRIEF (Dir: Peter Young) Two friends work up the courage to check on their probably dead roommate.
4. THREE HIKERS (Dir: Jack Desmond & Cian Desmond) Three strangers meet hiking in the Irish mountains, and discover the victim of a serial killer on the loose.
5. MUSIC FOR THE END OF THE WORLD (Dir: Emmanuel Li) Would the apocalypse really be all that bad? Teenage Freddie certainly doesn’t think so.
6. M.A.D (Dir: Ella Wright) A Soviet officer suspects the imminent US attack may be a false alarm.
7. PAPER ROWDY (Dir: Sarun Gunarajah) When a fake gangster meets a real one, sometimes your life is not really in your hands.
8. PRANGOVER (Dir: Celine Buckens) Boy meets Girl but with no dialogue or contraception!
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Strong language and scenes that may be unsuitable for young people under 15).
Every year we receive hundreds of entries into CINEMAGIC YOUNG FILMMAKER from young people wishing to share their stories with a wider audience. In 2021 we received over 600 short film submissions from the next generation of young creatives and we a delighted to share with you the competition shortlists.
The shortlists are presented in several different genre packages including – Drama, Animation, Documentary, Fantastic, Experimental, Music Video, Short Shorts and Under 18.
As well as celebrating their work, the Young Filmmaker Shortlist Showcase allows young directors to view films made by their peers and offers the opportunity for them to network online and talk movies! Join us as we celebrate the achievements of young people and meet the filmmaking stars of the future.