1. THE PHANTOM LIMB (Dir: Daniel Fowlie) As he deals with survivor’s guilt and depression, David is soon haunted by his deceased fiancé and attempts to reconnect with her.
2. PIGGIES (Dir: Elliot Wood & Ollie Graham) 3 brothers visit their grandmother for a delicious Sunday Roast. Much to their embarrassment someone else has made conflicting dinner plans…
3. FINDING YOURSELF (Dir: Tom Bedford) A burnt-out office worker goes on a camping trip to find themselves, only to discover their doppelgänger has had the same idea. However this eerie lookalike has malevolent plans for the meeting.
4. MILK (Dir: Fergus Mclean) A man with horrific delusions of monstrous inner demons journeys on a quest for a bottle of milk, but will his past get there first?
5. THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (Dir: Noah Gant) In the aftermath of an alien insurrection which led humanity to flee for the stars, a lone astronaut is left behind on earth to monitor the progress of the ongoing invasion.
6. DISCONNECTED (Dir: Thomas Tunley) Following the brief glimpse into the life of a young woman. In this alternate reality, phone addiction has indulged into a whole new meaning.
7. POTENTIAL (Dir: Matthew Richmond) Two friends challenge each other’s world views while discussing a collection of photographs.
8. WHITE WITCH (Dir: Harvey Loftus) Malachy O’Farrell’s fever is progressively getting worse and he suspects foul play, now he must turn to the last person he’d ever wish to for help - the white witch.
9. NYCTUS (Dir: Daniel Howard-Baker) A Man, with a condition that makes him disappear if he is out after dark, awakes in an alley and must return home or face eternal darkness and the night’s creatures.
10. CLICK HERE! (Dir: Conor Powell & Ka-miller Reid) Always beware the ‘Click Here’ button!
11. BREAK IN (Dir: Charlotte Kay) A teenage girl comes home after a night out to find her front door wide open. Who could’ve broken in? And are they still there…?
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Some scenes that may be unsuitable for young people under 15).
Every year we receive hundreds of entries into CINEMAGIC YOUNG FILMMAKER from young people wishing to share their stories with a wider audience. In 2021 we received over 600 short film submissions from the next generation of young creatives and we a delighted to share with you the competition shortlists.
The shortlists are presented in several different genre packages including – Drama, Animation, Documentary, Fantastic, Experimental, Music Video, Short Shorts and Under 18.
As well as celebrating their work, the Young Filmmaker Shortlist Showcase allows young directors to view films made by their peers and offers the opportunity for them to network online and talk movies! Join us as we celebrate the achievements of young people and meet the filmmaking stars of the future.