1. SICK DAY (Dir: Charlie Hughes) Sick Day follows a teenager’s attempts to escape from his house and attend a party.
2. 10 SEASHELLS APART (Dir: Eden Quine-Taylor) A fatal disease has struck a small island off the coast of the British Isles. Young Cecily and Nicolas are determined to adventure to the mainland, to find a cure, before the deadly illness wipes out their community.
3. WHEN THE SUNSET FADES (Dir: Daniel Sugitani) When the sunset fades explores the negative affects of social media.
4. HORIZONS (Dir: Seán Treacy) After getting a glimpse of the power of the past, a late teen reflects on the value of his memories, unearthing an emotional weight in the process.
5. HELLO FRISCO (Dir: Ava Bounds) This playful, surreal road movie pits four teens against the elements in a race against time.
6. INLANDISH (Dir: Rhys Elsey) Humans survive, prisoners are released, yet still no one is truly free!
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Some scenes that may be unsuitable for young people under 15).
Every year we receive hundreds of entries into CINEMAGIC YOUNG FILMMAKER from young people wishing to share their stories with a wider audience. In 2021 we received over 600 short film submissions from the next generation of young creatives and we a delighted to share with you the competition shortlists.
The shortlists are presented in several different genre packages including – Drama, Animation, Documentary, Fantastic, Experimental, Music Video, Short Shorts and Under 18.
As well as celebrating their work, the Young Filmmaker Shortlist Showcase allows young directors to view films made by their peers and offers the opportunity for them to network online and talk movies! Join us as we celebrate the achievements of young people and meet the filmmaking stars of the future.