1. WENDIGO (Dir: Max Hendrickson) A young man who visits an abandoned house in the mountains is haunted by its sinister pagan past.
2. ISOLATED (Dir: Calypso Cragg) Isolated is a short film that captures the dull simplicity of being in lockdown.
3. BELLORA (Dir: Chloe O’Malley) Haunted by Bellora, the short brings to life the concept that growing up means learning that the hero is sometimes the villain.
4. GHOULIE, GREMLIN. WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT (Dir: Callum Ireland) A dude is startled by another dude screaming about a goblin sighting.
5. OUTSIDE THE BOX (Dir: Benjamin Raymond Eaton & Harvey Alexander Kent) An agent is given orders to collect a mysterious box.
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Some scenes that may be unsuitable for young people under 15).
Every year we receive hundreds of entries into CINEMAGIC YOUNG FILMMAKER from young people wishing to share their stories with a wider audience. In 2021 we received over 600 short film submissions from the next generation of young creatives and we a delighted to share with you the competition shortlists.
The shortlists are presented in several different genre packages including – Drama, Animation, Documentary, Fantastic, Experimental, Music Video, Short Shorts and Under 18.
As well as celebrating their work, the Young Filmmaker Shortlist Showcase allows young directors to view films made by their peers and offers the opportunity for them to network online and talk movies! Join us as we celebrate the achievements of young people and meet the filmmaking stars of the future.